Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our adventure to the zoo


So yesterday we took a trip to the zoo. Adam and I took Thomas, Claire, Maggie, and Tori to the Memphis zoo. It was so much fun!! I spent all yesterday morning worrying and praying because I was sure that we were going to have a meltdown from either Tori or Maggie, but we got there at 12:15 all fed and ready to see some animals... First thing Tori falls on the playground and busts her lip... Don't you hate it when you're right there and can't catch them!? We went into the Cat Cafe and got some ice and then the monkeys in the window made her happy. So I was so sure that was just the beginning of the end... I was so wrong! We had so much fun. Everyone was happy the whole day. I think we saw every animal in the zoo and Tori took an hour nap in her stroller.. Talk about a good baby!! We saw a sea lion show and a penguin feeding, and the girls clung to me all the way through the animals of the night. Claire was so dissapointed that she couldn't take pictures in there. I think she took a picture at almost every exibit. Tori was making monkey sounds, and lion sounds at every animal and I got an occasional meow, and woof when she thought it was a cat or dog haha... She was so cute!! Her favorite was the lions and the monkeys you should have seen her roar at the lions!!! And every monkey we saw she just "ah ah ah ah ah" until she couldn't see them anymore. Claire has an obsession with hippos so of course that was her favorite. She even remembers their names and said her favorite part was when splish wiggled his ears... silly 10 year old. Maggie loved everything, but decided that if she had to have a favorite it would be the elephant. Thomas said he like all the cats. especially the Puma he took some cool pictures that look like he was touching one through the glass. Tori thought the Puma was pretty cool to. She roared at it. My favorite was the giraffes. Adam agreed. I think maybe it was because they had 3 babies out there. I guess Mommies and babies are my weakness haha... But it was pretty cute!! The sea lion show was really cool and Claire got some really good pictures. All in all it was a perfect trip. The weather was absolutely perfect. We wore short sleeves and didn't get cold, but it was a little overcast so we didn't get hot either. We're alittle sore today from all the walking, but that is so worht it!! Plus I need the exercise. I  am proud to say that no one fell apart at all!! We got some great pictures and made some wonderful memories. I think it was the best trip to the zoo in all my 21 years!! We bought Tori a little souvenier stuffed monkey and I got a picture frame for our sweet family picture. What a wonderful Friday to spend with my family!! Maggie fell asleep on the way home and we picked up McDonalds before we got home at 6:30. We spent 5 hours at the zoo!! Wow... Anyways I know how boring animal pictures are, but I'm going to post a few for you guys :) and a few sweet family pics, and some great kandid moments.... ENJOY!!! i know we did :)

About 2:30 My precious girl was out




















































































































































































Hope you enjoyed our pictures!!!!!
For some reason I couldn't get the commentary to be beside the right picture so in order
1. Sleeping Tori
2. Mommy holding Tori in the carrier
3. My sweet family
4. One of my favorites: such a kandid shot
5. The girlys
6. Tori and the puma
7. Cool sea lion trick courtesy of Aundre the sea lion
8. Sliding right before the busted lip
9. Maggie and her favorite animal
10. Mr. Rhino
11. Claire and her hippos splish and Julie
12. cool polar bear pic. courtesy of Claire
13.Mommy and Tori pointing at the sea lions
14.Panda
15. White tiger
16. My favorite the mommy and baby giraffe
17. Orange tigers
18. silly monkeys hugging eachother at the window
19. Thomas cool picture of him "touching" the puma
20. Tori roaring at the puma and claire growling at him
21. Daddy's turn!!
22. Claire, Tori, and Thomas at the sea lion show

0 comments: