Sunday, July 11, 2010

EXCITED!!!

Our imagination library book came in this week and I cannot wait to read it to Tori!! It's called 

We already have this one...


And it is one of my girl's absolute favorites!! I know this book by heart, and my favorite part thing about them is how true they actually are... Tori has plenty of llama drama just like this little llama, and these books are both such good tools for teaching patience. Here's some of my favorite parts.....
This is in "Llama llama red pajama," After Mama llama tucks the baby in for the night, he decides he feels lonely and wants a drink so he calls his mama.  Then baby llama throws a huge temper tantrum after his mama doesn't bring him a drink of water fast enough. Sound familiar to anyone?? Tori is the queen of procrastinating bedtime... Anyways this is Mama Llama's response to the tantrum....

"Baby llama what a tizzy
sometimes mama very busy
please stop all this llama drama
and be patient for your mama

Little llama don't you know?
Mama llama loves you so!
Mama llama's always near
Even when she's not right here

Llama llama red pajama
gets 2 kisses from his mama
snuggles pillow soft and deep
baby llama goes to sleep"

Man do I wish I had that kind of patience!! Thanks for the lesson Llama Mama!! Now here's the lesson in the other book. After baby llama throws a fit in the grocery store because he's ready to go home this is mama's response....

"Please stop fussing, little llama
No more of this llama drama.
I think shopping's boring too
but at least I'm here with you

Let's see if we can make this fun
and get the llama shopping done.
Let's be a team at Shop-O-Rama
Llama llama shops with Mama!"

Then they finish their shopping and go get ice cream... Again way to go Llama Mama! 
All this to say, Tori and I are loving llama llama books!! Thanks to The Imagination Library
and to Anna Dewdney for these awesome books!




0 comments: