Tuesday, October 26, 2010

O sweet Tori, why won't you sleep?



Dear Tori,



 Lately you are driving me crazy! I love you very much and as much as I would like to spend my entire day playing with you, I can't! Can you imagine what our house would look like if I just played with you all day and never cleaned the house, or did laundry?? Do you know how grumpy you are when you don't get a nap? I wish that your little almost 3 year old mind could understand how important it is for you to take a nap. I know the world is so intriguing and you don't want to miss a thing, but I promise little one you aren't going to miss anything by taking a nap!! You have so much time to discover the world and to experience new things. You will feel so much happier if your body gets the rest it needs. I do my very best to be a good mommy. We always read a book, then I put you in your bed with your bunny, and cover you up with your favorite blankets, and rub your back while I sing your favorite song. Why will you not lay down and go to sleep? Don't you know that you are so very tired?? Don't you realize that you can't possibly go to sleep while standing on your head, or throwing your bunny in the air, or balancing him on your feet, or singing/talking/squeeling at the top of your lungs? Haven't you figured out that you wake up so much happier when you get the sleep you need? Don't you know that I will ALWAYS do what is best for you and that if Mommy says you need to take a nap, then I must have a good reason? I know that the past 2 months have been tough for us both. You just want to play, play, play, and I just want you to sleep, sleep. sleep! We are stuck in a battle of wills, and I am sorry sweet baby, but Mommy always wins... not because I want to win, but because I know what is best for you, and that is a nap. I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time with this! I wish I could make this easier for you, but that wouldn't teach you anything. I wish I could explain to you in words that you understand that all of this is for your own good. I wish I could help you understand that one day you will wish so bad that someone would force you to have a 3 hour nap every day. I love you little stinker, you know that!! Please, Please!! Lay down, be still, close your eyes, hug your bunny, and GO TO SLEEP!!! I am begging you to surrender, throw up your white flag, and give in!! You need it, I need it, The pile of laundry on the couch needs it. I love you so much!! Until next time...

Your Mommy



1 comments:

Sacrifices of Joy said...

Oh how I remember these days! Hang in there, it's probably just a phase and she will soon again be on her way to sweet sleep!