Saturday, November 6, 2010

I pray that she will be different...

My whole life all I ever wanted was to fit it. My life was a constant battle of pleasing others. What freedom and joy I have experienced letting go of this lie and grabbing onto God's truth that I am not of this world. Choosing to please Him instead of trying to please imperfect people. These verses are some of my core verses for my life as a christian...

First I want to put the message paraphrase of Romans 12:2 because I just LOVE it...

Romans 12:1-2


 "So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, 
develops well-formed maturity in you."




Romans 12:2


"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, 
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."





Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you, 'declares the Lord,' 
Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, 
Plans to give you a hope and a future."

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart 
and lean not on your own understand; 
in all your ways acknowledge him, 
and he will make your paths straight."


I am so thankful that God has opened my eyes to 
the importance of NOT fitting in.

I want to be different 
I want to focus my attention on God
I want God to bring the best out in me
I want God to renew my mind
I don't want to fit in without thinking
I want to stick out
I wanna be different, and I want it to be obvious
I want to trust in God and His Plan for me




I also want my daughter to have the joy that I have found!

I pray that I will be an example for Tori
I pray she will feel God's presence always and desire to do His will
I pray that she will come to know Jesus young
I pray she will see her worth through God's eyes and not the worlds
I pray she will hold onto His promises
I pray she will always know how beautiful she is to HIM
I pray that she will know early on that what the world thinks is unimportant
I pray that she will embrace her purpose
that she will know that she was made to glorify God
I pray she will choose to be different
I pray to the God who gave her to me that He will guide me as I guide her
I pray that He will give me the wisdom, patience, and knowledge in my parenting
I pray that my purpose in life shines clearly through to her
My purpose is to glorify God and God alone


I will remain on my knees for her forever until the day I die
One of the most influential and important things that we can do for our children is to
PRAY FOR THEM
There will come a day when I have no control of what goes on in her life
When that day comes I will not be afraid because no matter what I can always pray
Even when I am no longer in control of my baby, God will be
I am working my way out of a job, I am training her up in the way she should go
and then I will give her back to God...
I pray that God will help me to prepare her for this world 
So that when that day comes 
I can smile as I watch her wave goodbye knowing
God is in control... She is ready... And I am still praying





3 comments:

Mommy said...

She will be...look at her Mama! I am so proud of you and so in awe of God's work in your life!

Grandm,ommy said...

Erin...you are so precious...I always said about you, through the good and bad, I know Erin has a good heart and you always have and you always will. And you will pass that on to your precious Tori so that when the time comes, she can rely on what God has done in your life and hers!! You are such a good parent and as you pour your life into hers, she will reflect on that and know who rules your life!! I love you...Grandmommy

Natalie Meagan said...

your faith is so admirable to me. i love you so much. and precious tori. i definitely picked a good Godmother :D