Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Dorky Confession

Confession: 
I LOVE CRAYONS AND COLORING!!! I have always had crayons and coloring books. 
My favorite coloring books are Disney Princesses, Lisa Frank, Precious Moments, and the most recent... Strawberry Shortcake(Thanks to my cute little girl) A sharp brand new crayon excites me... I had the 120 count pack of crayons... In College... Seriously, I am not kidding at all! I even colored Adam a picture in High School of Sleeping Beauty dancing with Prince Phillip and wrote him a dorky note about how he was my Prince... I'm a dork and I'm proud of it!!!

Now that you know my embarrassing secret let me tell you what I have done with all of those crayons I collected over the years. I did a major clean out and put all the crayons that were still worth coloring with and put them in Tori's art box... With the huge pile leftover, we recycled our old crayons!!  Tori and I had a blast taking the paper off and breaking them into tiny pieces. We put them in a mini muffin pan and melted them in the oven and turned them into, as Tori calls them, Muffin Crayons!

Here's some pictures of our fun day!










The "fun" colors

The "Normal" colors

Aren't they awesome??


It was so much fun!!
















1 comments:

Your Cousin Emma said...

AWESOME to do with old crayons. Some princess in Tori's coloring book will have a multi-colored dress!!!!