Monday, May 10, 2010

Pest Problem- eliminated

So the other night Adam and I had some friends over, and the boys decided it was time to kill the carpenter bees. wasp and hornet killer, a little fire, and some boys having fun acting like 15 year olds for a good 20 minutes...Sorry to my neighbors who were possibly woken up at 10 pm by axes, hammers, laughter, and us girls screaming every time a bee buzzed it's way out of the shelf.... We made a memory, tore the shelf to shreds, and killed all the bees! Success!!
When it was all said and done...
This is what the inside of the tunnels looked like... each compartment was filled with some sort of "bee's wax"(haha) and I'm assuming the eggs were also inside
The pile of wood

So if anyone wants to know how to kill carpenter bees, maybe you shouldn't ask us haha... This shelf was an un-important storage area in our garage that needed to be cleaned up anyways and came with the house when we moved in, so we just demolished it, and the bees with it.

And another thing, if you are going to stand and watch, please control yourself. Keep the squeels to a minimum, and don't hit yourself in the face with a mag-light like I did. I'm usually pretty fearless, but bees give me the willies!! I was holding a large mag-light for Adam so he could see, and some little fly or gnat got in my face, I screamed and nailed myself in the cheek with the mag-light.... ouch! No bruise thankfully haha... all I'm saying is if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen... I had to let someone else take over the flashlight responsibility, I obviously can't take the heat.

2 comments:

paige said...

Oh. My. God. What fun that was! You left out the funniest part of the whole night though! Do you recall hitting yourself with a mag-light because you thought a bee flew in your hair?! Hahahahaha! I love you! Hope you didn't leave a bruise!!

Erin Battershell said...

haha I did forget that!!! There is no bruise, must be why I forgot lol. I'm going to add it in, can't forget that part...