Thursday, February 25, 2010

5 puppies, 1 dog, and 2 cats

That is 8 animals!!! Not to mention my 2 year old is completely and totally infatuated with the puppies and wants to be with them 24/7. 


My house is pure Chaos!! Needless to say I am very busy around here these days. 


Mya has mastitis, so we are having to give her antibiotics twice a day, and the vet said we need to go ahead and wean the puppies because they are big and healthy, and don't really need her anymore. Well, they are not too happy about this and cry for their mama quite a lot. Mya hates taking these pills and Adam and I literally spend 10 minutes or more every morning and night trying to shove them down her throat (we've tried treats, cheese, even spaghetti, nothing works). 


I am mopping at least once a day, cleaning up poop and pee all day long, and doing 2 loads of puppy laundry every day. 


This is no fun!! 


The pups are cute, sweet, and fun to have around... but man, am I ready to get them outta here!! I thought it would be hard to see them go, but after seeing all the work it takes to have 5 babies in the house, I am so glad, that I don't have to take care of them much longer!!


All 5 will be moving on to their new owners sometime in March. WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!! It's been an experience, but not one I would like to repeat any time soon!! Next time puppies come through the Battershell house, I want to be totally ready for them!! No more surprises for me!!

0 comments: