Sunday, February 14, 2010

Our Lullaby Legacy

You know when I was little I assumed everyone's mommy sang them the same lullabies that mine sang. When I had my own child I realized that there are lullabies out there, that I have never heard. A couple months ago Tori asked me to sing the "Moon song" I was like what?? So i broke into "Heavenly" by Harry Connick Jr. She liked that well enough, but it was obviously not the song she was talking about. I then figured out that Adam's mom, Anita (Nana), sang her a song about the moon that I had never heard before. Since then I have learned "I see the Moon" and it's one of her favorites. I also have a beautiful lullaby my mama used to sing to me called, "You Will Wear Velvet." And my grandmother sang it to Tori the first time she saw her. I then found out that Adam had never heard it! So now we have one special lullaby from my family and one from Adam's that will be so sweet to pass down. Here are the lyrics to our lullaby legacy:

You Will Wear Velvet
You will wear velvet little girl
When you grow up, you'll brighten the world
You will bring laughter everywhere
Slippers of silver, will carry you there
All your life, waits for you
And somewhere, love waits too
Smiling and sleepy, close your eyes
Carry your dreams to paradise

I See The Moon
I see the moon, and the moon sees me
The moon sees the somebody I wanna see
God bless the moon, and God bless me
God bless the somebody I wanna see

It seems to me, that God above
Created you for me to love
He picked you out from all the rest
Because he knew I'd love you best

And I think, that I will add to one more song to our legacy. I absolutely love the song "Baby Mine" from the Disney movie Dumbo. If you've never heard it click here Baby Mine. This is a disney redo with all the disney mothers in it (If you watch to long it will start singing it in Spanish haha). I am a crazy Disney fan, so I love it :). Here's the lyrics

Baby Mine
Baby mine, don't you cry
Baby mine, dry your eyes
Rest your head close to my heart
Never to part, baby of mine

Little one when you play
Don't you mind what you say
Let those eyes sparkle and shine
Never a tear, baby of mine
 
From your head down to your toes
You're not much, goodness knows
But you're so precious to me
Cute as can be, baby of mine

O and by the way Happy Valentines Day!!!

0 comments: