Sunday, February 21, 2010

Conversation about Jesus with Tori

Tori is so young and sometimes I have a hard time explaining things to her about Jesus. Tonight, after she had disobeyed and we were talking about what she had done, we had the sweetest conversation about Jesus.

Me: Tori, it makes Jesus sad when we don't obey our Mommy!
Tori: And it make Mommy sad too?
Me: Yes and we have to say we're sorry and make it all better
Tori: I sorry Mommy... we be happy now!?(wish you could see her face on this one)
M: Yes we can be happy now.
T: And Jesus be happy now?
M: Yes, Jesus is happy now too!
T: I see Him mommy?
M: No baby, you can't see Jesus, but you can feel Him in your heart and you can talk to Him and He will listen! Just like when we asked Jesus to help Uncle G be all better, and now he is better! Jesus heard us when we prayed!
T: Where Jesus go?
M: Well Jesus is in Heaven
T: I go see Him?
M: One day in a LOOOONG time you can go see Him in Heaven.
T: And Mommy be there?
M: Yes Mommy will be there
(Then she went through everyone in the family's names asking me if they would be there too)
then she said the funniest thing
T: And I see Dora there?(Dora the explorer haha)
M: O I don't know about Dora... Tori where is Jesus?
T: Up der in heaven and in my hawrt(heart) (Points to the sky, and the pats her chest) and in Mommy heart(pats my chest)
Then she jumped off my lap and excitedly ran out of the room saying "I gotta go tell Daddy, I gotta tell Daddy!"

What a sweet lesson for my little 2 year old to build on throughout her life... This is only the beginning, but what a sweet one it was. Just wanted to share with everyone my first real conversation about My Savior with my sweet girl!

1 comments:

Natalie Meagan said...

that is the sweetest thing. im not sure how im going to go about religion when its jack's turn to ask questions. no one ever really explained it to ME haha, so me explaining it...the idea is hilarious. i hope i handle it as well as you <3